Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Nuts & Berries Update

So last night was the second night of healthiness! The first night my dad tried to tell me that we had only walked a little over a mile... well, I proved him wrong. I took my car on a little spin, and it turns out we had walked quite a bit further... no wonder I almost died! : )

It was so hot last night, however, that we decided to swim instead of walk. Have I mentioned how much I love having a pool? Anyway, after a good hour long swim, we played a game of croquet, and then my mom, my aunt, and myself went for a mile long walk. It went better than the night before, but my shins were killing from my body adjusting to actually moving! : )

I do believe that some of my family members are faltering with the nuts & berries idea. First off, let me say, that my dad has been begging me for months to work out with him because he needs someone to motivate him. Well, last night after a healthy dinner of chicken and brown rice + a salad, we did the dishes and dad went to the couch. As much as I tried to persuade him to come outside with us, he claimed he was too tired! So much for motivation! : )

Next up, Brittny. Granted, she is already pretty skinny, but she has gained some weight since coming to our house, go figure! : ) So, she has been pretty motivated to lose weight with us. Last night, my uncle Mike came over with strawberry pie, and Brittny caved! But that wasn't the only caving I saw. Instead of walking with my fam, she took two drumsticks (the ice cream kind) and went to watch TV... a few hours later, I see her with a third drumstick! Good grief!

That leaves my mom and myself.... I hope this works! : )

No comments: