Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Nuts & Berries

My whole family has decided to become "healthy." My question, why isn't it more fun to eat carrots than it is to eat the chocolate cupcakes staring me in the eye at my desk? Our plan of action is to eat fruit for breakfast, a low cal/lean lunch, and a sensible dinner (sounds like a Slim Fast commercial). :) We are also going to be working out at least three times a week if not more.
I was hoping that we could walk a mile three times a week, and then supplement with swimming the other couple of days; however, last night I think that I almost died trying to chug up our hill. Let's face it—I am athletically impaired. Ever since I was a small child, it was apparent that sports was not my thing. When the T-Ball coach made me slide into first base, I was done with baseball. Last night I think I gave up walking! : ) Ok, maybe it's not that bad. On the way down our hill, I was cruising! I thought to myself, "This isn't so bad." What was I thinking?

There are three large hills that you have to go down when walking around our house.... that also means that you have to walk up three large hills to get home. The first hill... not so bad... a little heavy breathing... the second hill I barely made it. I really thought that my folks were going to have to call the ambulance... the third hill I think my heart was beating out of my chest... I was gulping so loudly that Brittny turned around and grabbed my hand! : )

To make matters worse, I think that someone sends out an alert to all of our neighbors to let them know that we are going for a walk. Seriously, everyone was sitting on their front porch... I wanted to pass out on the road, but I couldn't because Bill and his sister wanted to talk about the 90 degree weather! I wanted to shout, "Go inside and enjoy the air conditioner!" No such luck.

I made it home (it was a miracle)... I sat on the couch for about 30 minutes until my heart rate returned to normal. As much as I need to get into shape, I might kill myself doing it! Make sure to look for me on the side of the road! I will be the short chubby one gasping for breath! :)

No comments: