Sunday, November 18, 2007

Saying Yes to God

A few months back I was frustrated with life. I asked God when things were going to change. I felt like I was a hamster running on the wheel... life kept moving, but I never felt like I was getting anywhere.

The past few weeks I have felt the resounding presence of God saying, "When are you going to do something about that? Start saying yes to me."

So, here I am, scared to death, because I have asked God to help me say yes, no matter what that looks like.

What does that look like? I have started stepping out of my comfort zone, a lot! First, when everyone was on vacation this summer, I agreed to lead worship. Secondly, Dad has asked me to lead a few new songs the past couple of weeks at church with the worship team. Thirdly, I agreed to be a part of the leadership team for the youth group. I'm not quite sure how that looks or how much time I can give, but I am excited about making an impact on the youth. I remember how I valued and so appreciated the people who took the time to do that for me.

It also means being willing to step out in faith and seeing where God takes me. I said yes to moving out because I felt like it was something that God asked me to do; however, it looks like that is on hold indefinitely. But I am ok with that. I felt like it was a matter of obedience and being willing to hang on to God—to depend fully on Him.

What does the future hold? Who knows. With God, anything is possible. What matters is saying yes to Him.

No comments: