Monday, March 24, 2008

Finally::Georgia...Part 2::

So, the call from my mom caused my little heart to flutter. It was the dreaded, "I don't think you are going to make it home," phone conversation that every traveler hates to hear when they just arrive at their destination. Immediately, I jump into action mode. Apparently, in my absence, the heavens were beginning to unleash what was thought to be the biggest snow storm of the winter (turns out it was!).

I got on the Delta web site to see good news, every traveler flying into Ohio was able to change their ticket one time with no fee! Wow! So, I tried a few things online to no avail. I decided to sleep on it and mess with it in the morning.

I woke up before Misty, and began the process to work things out with my ticket. I tried to change it online again, but I failed miserably. It was then that I decided I would do it the old fashioned way, I would call. So, after a two-hour hold, I finally spoke to someone who helped me get a later flight.

Here is the cool part of my adventure. Weeks before my trip, I had hoped to be in Georgia until Sunday night so that I could go to church with Misty and see her in action. Sadly, the tickets were $200 more to stay over a Sunday. Thus, I had purchased a ticket returning early on Saturday morning. However, now with the snow storm in Ohio, it looked like things were going to work out after all! I was able to change my ticket to a the last flight on Sunday night, giving me an extra two days with Misty and all kinds of adventures. I called my mom, who told me that Misty and I must be living right for things to be working themselves out so well.

After a long day of painting, Misty took me to a really nice sea food restaurant, and then we returned to her house to finish up our painting.

Saturday dawned bright and beautiful! Misty's new and dear friend Jenny offered to take Misty and I on a 4-wheeling adventure on her 2,000 acre plantation, Gray Moss. Of course we said yes. It turned out to be a brisk, beautiful day, even though it actually flurried in the morning. It was one of the only snows that some of the locals had ever seen, go figure. Anyway, Gray Moss was indescribably beautiful. There were times when it took my breath away. The entire time I thought to myself, "I might have missed this if not for the snow." God truly cares for His children!

Later that night, we went plant shopping to help Misty decorate her office and her house... you can see that we were successful!


Sunday was amazing. I said my good-byes, but with the hope of a return visit in the future in the back of my mind. At the Atlanta airport it became apparent how blessed I truly had been. I met several people who hadn't changed their flights earlier, and were now doing whatever they could to make it back to Ohio. Some had been sleeping in the airport. In fact, two people were asked to leave the plane because they had overbooked the flight. After some juggling with seats and luggage, I was off to Akron. We landed on the snow encompassed pavement, and I couldn't believe how perfectly everything turned out.

Looking back on the adventures of Georgia, I can see God's hand in all of it. He's just so cool like that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He really is good. That was a wonderful trip, and it meant the world have you here. I can't wait for you to visit again. By then hopefully all the major house stuff will be finished and we can just play. Love you dearly.

liz said...

Andrea! I just found your blog--I didn't know you had one! It's so good to catch up with you this way. I love your pictures, especially the ones of your dad. And it's good to see Misty again, too! Take care (I may answer your survey on my blog)>