Monday, January 13, 2014

30 - A Year for Jubilee

*Clears throat conspicuously*

2014, among many other glowing occasions, marks my 30th year on this planet. It also marks my cousin/bff/twins 30th birthday as well. Having grown up with her as my constant companion through the good and the bad - the awkward teen years {gasp} - and as we've bungled through our twenties together, it seems only appropriate that we enter 30 together, garishly. Sar had this brilliant idea (her ideas are always brilliant) to celebrate this year as her year of jubilee - having adventures the entirety of 2014. I decided I needed to piggy back on this idea as well since I am pragmatically practical (yes they mean the same thing - it's for emphasis), always! Since I need organization even in disorganized adventuring, I decided that I wanted to have one adventure a month this coming year.

Sar and I had a clandestine meeting on a Saturday in January for another brilliant idea (by Sar of course) - bleaching and dyeing the tips of our hair in bold, extravagant colors. Below is the evidence :)

Sally's - birthplace of radical hair!
Getting ready for what looks like a very fun experiement

I love painting! Sar isn't too sure though :)

Waiting impatiently for activation - we watched Monster Inc., ate sweet potatoes and salad, and laughed a lot!

Baking the color in.
Dramatic...
wash.

Sar's magnificent results!
Sar's video documentary :)

I didn't really get a results photo because it turns out that my hair doesn't really like to be bright, bold, and vibrant. :) While the tips of my hair are now bleach blonde, my aqua tips never quite worked out despite multiple attempts. That's ok. Blonde is probably about as wild as I'll ever be.

Thus, our first moment of jubilee was born. Catch the blog again next month for another adventure...







1 comment:

Sarah said...

i looove this!!!! i looove you! so glad you were born! If you should ever need a fallback career, you might consider radical hair design:)Thank you so much for the great day! Cheers to our year of jubilee! HUZZAH!
~sarah