Friday, January 16, 2009

Past My Bedtime

It is officially 11:18 p.m. on a Friday night--way past my bedtime. I just finished watching No Reservations, a Christmas present from my folks, while I waited for my Microsoft updates to download on glorious dial-up...there are days when I really wished that I lived in a place that was a part of modern civilization, but if you want a view, there are some things you have to give up I suppose.

So, this is the first time I have blogged using my semi-new laptop. I am enjoying the ability to be half asleep, typing away, with Ray LaMontagne serenading me in the background. I love this laptop! Speaking of which, I am including some photos of my dad having fun with the web cam.




Aren't those classic? I love them!

So, not much new to report on the New Year's resolutions. With classes starting this past week, I have become consumed with reading, writing, and trying to remember all of Moll Flander's husbands for our quiz on Wednesday. Seriously, that woman had some issues. Defoe always has such colorful characters in his works.

This semester I am taking 19th Century American Literature and History of the British Novel. I love both of my professors and the topics for that matter. It should be a good semester if I can keep my head above water with the readings and papers. Well, this is a random post... I think I will end with one of my favorite things...

Thankful today for:
1.) The soulful voice of Ray LaMontagne
2.) The computer guys at work who saved my computer this morning from a malicious virus
3.) Glorious snow
4.) Sitting by the fire with a cup of tea
5.) For the sacrifice of Jesus who healed with sick, raised the dead, and loved the unlovable. I have never healed a sick person, raised a dead person, or been very successful at loving the unlovable, yet He died instead of me. The mystery of the gospel--the beauty of His grace.

No comments: