Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cookies

Today, just a week after starting this diet, I was forced to stare at my favorite cookies for the entire afternoon at work. Talk about self-control! Yes, I refrained from eating any, which I thought was a small miracle in my life : ) I have handed the cookies over to someone much skinnier than I, and I feel better about my day.

Things are going pretty well. At the one week mark, I have lost a total of six pounds. Granted, I think I had put about five of those pounds on the day before the diet started, but still, it's progress. I have been eating very small portions every two hours. Here is my typical schedule:

7:30 a.m. 1/4 c. of cashews on the way to work
9:30 a.m. Fat free, plain (no sugar) yogurt with some kind of fruit
11:30 a.m. 2 slices of cheese and 2 slices of lunch meat or a lean cuisine
1:30 p.m. Some sort of veggie - plain. Today I had several baby carrots
3:30 p.m. Whatever I can find at home that's easy to lug to work, an apple, more nuts, etc.
5:30 p.m. Dinner, which is usually salad, veggies, and a small portion of meat or a bowl of soup
7:30 p.m. A cup of tea with 1 tsp. of honey and a spot of cream

I drink a ton of water throughout the day. As for the exercise, I must confess that I just don't have time. I am going to try and squeeze it in, but for now, I am pretty happy for just sticking to this diet. I think if I can shed some weight, working out will be my next step... I just need to make it through this semester and then I can hit the pool in the summer!

That is my update for now. Youth group tonight and tons of reading to do. This semester is going to consist of 12 novels to read (big ones), 10 papers (some small, some huge), 2 midterms, and 2 finals, in-class participation (yay, not!), and a plethora of other fun facts. I can't believe that in 2 classes, this much work is possible. Some how, I will make it through. I told Dr. Williamson today that my goal for the semester was to survive. I'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am SOOOOOO proud of you!!!! oh to be like thee. looking at them ALL day!?!?!?! (my eating habits are the pits.......i have been exercising though. *sigh*)
keep it up!!!!!! cheering you all the way!!