Wednesday, February 18, 2009

American Idol Recap


I realize that my last post was rather lengthy... I'll try to keep this brief! :)

So, American Idol. I confess. It is my guilty pleasure. Although, I don't know why I have to say it's a guilty pleasure. I am not ashamed that I like a show that offers people with talent a chance to make something of themselves. I think it's pretty cool.
So, at first I was kind of annoyed with the change in format this year. It seemed unfair that people basically got one shot in front of America to impress them; however, after tonight's results, I can say that I am proud of the American public. In my humble opinion, the three most deserving people made it through tonight.

****SPOILER ALERT***** Read no further if you have yet to watch the results show.

The first three of the top twelve:

1.) Alexis Grace - for sure, the only deserving girl of the night.

2.) Michael Sarver - maybe not his best performance, but this guy has heart!

3.) And my current favorite contestant, Danny Gokey. Gotta love this guy's voice and his story...

Not quite sure how this wild card thing is going to go, but if I had to pick from the remaining contestants of this group of twelve, my vote goes for Ricky Braddy - great voice - nailed his song.
Congrats, and may all of the top twelve be as deserving as these three.

1 comment:

liz said...

I totally agree with your assessments! I also appreciate American Idol for the fact that you can totally spot the Christians and their lifestyle speaks to nonchristians as well. And the whiners or self-centered people remind us why we are called away from that focus... :)