Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Giving Thanks

We have reached that time again. The time to give thanks. As my pastor and I met the other night to discuss youth group planning, we talked about a Thanksgiving themed night where we ask the teens to say something they are thankful for and why. Then, last night at youth group, we talked about being hypocritical. I felt convicted in various areas of my life. This seems like a pretty easy one to fix... If I am going to ask the teens to say what they are thankful for and why, I should be practicing what I preach! So here's to being thankful instead of hypocritical!

I am thankful...

1.) That I woke up early enough to get ready for work, eat breakfast, go downstairs and get my camera so I could capture this gorgeous sunrise. Good job God! You made a winner!


2.) That I got a jumpstart on my English paper tonight. It has been stressing me out for the last week... I have a page!

3.) Unexpected phone calls from friends....good to talk to you Taralyn!

4.) Brian & Jenn Johnson - Amazing worship leaders. I have loved them since I first heard them a year or so ago, but I recently fell in love with their songs again. Check them out!

5.) Warm things during these cold winter days...fuzzy blankets, slippers, sweatshirts, and most importantly, tea with honey!

No comments: