Saturday, October 20, 2007

Crazy Times

So life has been crazy, thus my lack of blogging activity! I have made it halfway through the semester, which means that one of my PE classes is finished! One down two to go. Today I have been laboring over a paper for my British Literature class. I really didn't like any of the topic choices. We just covered quite a bit of Shakespeare. I will admit, I'm not a huge fan. Is that sacreligious for an English major to say? I just think that it is all a bit of an overkill. So, my topic is about the aspects of loyalty within King Lear. Not too bad since I had a paper on King Lear last semester. Enough about Shakespeare.

Since I last blogged I have helped out with two weddings, taken a weekend vacation to my best friend's, gone to two concerts, spent time with my cuz and watched her orchestra live, and survived some crazy times at work. Where to begin...

So, I gave mom and dad Bebo Norman tickets for their anniversary, and of course, I tagged along with them. I was very excited because Shane & Shane was also touring with him. It was an amazing concert. It was more like one small, intimate worship service. Then, last week, our church hosted Phil Keaggy. Incredible. The man is a guitar beast. And I mean that in the nicest way possible! :)

My cuz (and really good friend) is in an orchestra that is pretty amazing. I drove to see her and to watch the concert. It was amazing. They did Beethoven's 5th Symphony and Haydn's Trumpet Concerto, and a piece I had never heard: Margaret Brouwer's Century Song. It was amazing!

My friend Jodie got married at the beginning of October. It was really great spending time with her and our friends! Then my best friend's brother got married just last weekend.

Anyhoo, things at work have really picked up for me, which is good. I feel like I have more responsibility.

Well, I might have missed some details, but King Lear is calling my name!

p.s. I have been reading my YWAM journal, and it reminded to be more thankful... here are a few things:

1.) Playing Euchre with old and new friends

2.) The feeling of knowing that all your homework is done, and the whole world is at your fingertips

3.) The Office, when Michael makes me laugh out loud

4.) The new Jars of Clay CD (check out the song Shipwrecked)

5.) The crisp fall weather, and the beauty that it brings

No comments: